The PR profile series explores the definitions of PR by simply asking PR professionals from different industries around the globe to complete 10 sentences.
This month we introduce to you: Virginia Hasenmeyer, from Germany, born and raised in Switzerland, now living in Angola.
1. Public relations is….an essential communication tactic.
2. Public relations is not…advertisement.
3. I work in PR because…it can change people towards a positive behavior.
4. My work essentials consist of…internet connection, laptop, pen and paper.
5. I’m really good at…event management.
6. I wish I was better at…pitching ideas to a new client.
7. In five years’ time I’m going to be…doing more pro bono PR work.
8. I wake up in the morning because…you can achieve greatness when you are awake!
9. I’m currently listening to…nothing – otherwise I start typing up the lyrics.
10. My words of wisdom are…‘sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.’
Virginia graduated with a MSc in Corporate Communications in 2016 and has been working in the communication sector for over five years. She worked at Weber Shandwick, a global PR agency, for almost three years after deciding to pack her bags and move to Angola. She is now a freelance PR consultant. Her previous expertise in the healthcare industry allowed her to work with clients such as Novartis, Roche and Merck Consumer Health. Outside of work, Virginia is passionate about food (her own blog is Bites For Two) and exploring the world!