The PR profile series explores the definitions of PR by simply asking PR professionals from different industries around the globe to complete 10 sentences.
This month we asked Joanna Hajnaj, a Greek-born, residential Londoner from Germany, to fill in the blanks.
- Public relations is…an extremely important and helpful communications tool for various industries and people.
- Public relations is not…just press coverage. It requires management and planning skills and is by far more complex than just a piece of news coverage.
- I work in PR because…it’s the most exciting way to get to know other businesses, people and their ideas.
- My work essentials consist of…my Mac, the internet and my mobile.
- I’m really good at…connecting people and understanding their visions.
- I wish I was better at…being patient! I’m so impatient.
- In five years time I’m going to be…helping other young aspiring PR professionals and hopefully collaborating with lots of different creative brands and individuals from all over the world.
- I wake up in the morning because…life has a lot to offer.
- I’m currently listening to…”Cool Jazz” playlist on Spotify.
- My words of wisdom are…don’t compare yourself. Be unique and trust yourself, don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is a sign of progress!
Joanna is the founder and managing director of GoldEngel ltd. She has over 5 years of experience in the field of media, PR and marketing. What distinguishes her is her highly creative and visionary approach to communications. Her motto is simple: “if you’ve seen it before or it doesn’t capture your attention, you’re probably bored”. Her degree in Public Relations from the University of Arts London has informed her theoretical framework, whilst her multinational background has enabled the growth of a strong international network.